The Provincial Treasury plays a major role in achieving the desired socioeconomic & governance outcomes of the Central Province by providing strategic financial support to the ministries and enhancing the availability of financial resources. Provincial Treasury looks after the province’s borrowing and financing needs, and manages banking and cash. These services are extended to all ministries. The following are the departments which functions under the Provincial Treasury.
Department of Budget
Department of Finance
Department of Accounts and Payments
Preparation of Financial Plans and maintaining a healthy Financial Management System for an efficient and satisfactory execution of public service in the Central Province
- Preparation and submission of Financial statements and supplementary and appropriation statutes.
- Collection of receipts disbursement, accounting and submission of financial reports based on appropriation and supplementary statutes.
- Maintaining provincial and contingency funds.
- Issues of financial rules, regulations and circulars on maintenance of Provincial funds.
- Issue of necessary instruction based on follow-up works and progress review to ascertained productivity of expenditure.
- Monitoring the operations of bank accounts by all Ministries and Departments.
- Conduct board of surveys on regular basis to affirm the security of assets.
- Assist the Provincial Accounts Committee.
Duties and services
- Collecting money owedby the CPC, issuing money for investments and administration, accounting and financial reporting.
- Managing Provincial Council Fund, Emergency Fund and other funds.
- Ensuring effective financial control through progress evaluation.
- Preparation of annual estimates.
- Preparation of supplementary estimates.
- Allocating provisions for foreign tours of ministers and officers of CPC.
- Taking necessary actions to optimum utilisation of the money in the bank accounts of the institutions of the Provincial Council.
- Certifying the security of the assets of the provincial council, certifying the accuracy, and work on loses and gains of the provincial treasury.
- Collecting income, accounting and reporting.
- Establishing financial laws, doing necessary amendments, and introducing new regulations Coordination among institutions on Auditor General’s reports, assisting Accounting committee meetings, and issuing of provincial treasury notes
- Collecting data for the preparation of the annual budget, submitting to the finance commission.
- Allocating development and recurrent provisions and attaining additional provisions.
- Working on contingency provision needs of the ministries and departments of the Provincial Council.
- Creation of provisions regarding ambiguities that can occur in Ministries and departments.
- Switching allocations needed to cut off loses in deposits.
Chief Secretary’s Office,
Central Provincial Council Complex,
|Deputy Chief Secretary (Finance Management)||+94 812 424698||+94 812 424698|
|Assistant Director (Payments)||+94 812 424691||+94 812 424692|